Posted Sep 9, 2022Assistant Coach
Skate Lillooet is looking for a part-time Assistant Coach to help our growing club! We are seeking an
enthusiastic, organized, energetic person to help run our programs. We currently offer PreCanSkate,
CanSkate and StarSkate programs, and have the desire to expand. Our programs run Tuesday-Friday,
with the bulk of our coaching needs on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning at 3:15 pm. Availability for
mornings (7-8 am) would be an asset. Our regular season begins in late September and runs through
• Experience with Skate Canada’s CanSkate program is essential!
• All applicants must be competent skaters and able to learn and teach the current CanSkate
• Excellent communication skills
• The selected candidate must provide a clear criminal record and vulnerable sector checks and be
in good standing with Skate Canada.
• Current First Aid is an asset, must be willing to attain if hired.
• Willingness to adhere to all national, provincial, regional, and local health orders and regulations
as they arise
• Existing Skate Canada coaching certification would be a huge asset
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Helping coach group lessons (there are typically 3-4 groups)
• Helping design/choose/draw circuits for the lessons
• Briefing/debriefing with the coach about the day’s lessons
• Guiding and managing the Program Assistants during sessions
• Assisting our head coach with on and off-ice duties
Interested applicants, please email your resume to Julie Hutchins at email@example.com