Posted Nov 4, 2020Employment Advisor
TagsAdministrative Social Services Customer Service
Community Futures Thompson Country is seeking an Employment Advisor for the Lillooet WorkBC Centre.
Position Title: Employment Advisor
Supervisor: Site Supervisor, WorkBC Lillooet
Service Category: #30 Thompson Nicola Work BC Lillooet
Revised Date: November 2020
Accountable to the Program Operations Manager, the Employment Advisor provides all aspects of case management services to clients with varying levels of labour market attachment and/or barriers to employment in order to assist clients in obtaining sustainable employment.
- Reviews preliminary needs assessment, determines case management service requirements and ensures proper consents and forms are completed and signed by client
- Answers all client inquiries about service content, eligibility criteria set by the Ministry and provides orientation of services to clients as needed
- Conducts formal needs and financial assessments to determine necessary employment supports and/or applicable community service referrals
- Provides career counselling and employment coaching to increase employment readiness and reduce barriers to employment
- Develops client action plans (reviewing and revising as needed) coordinates internal and external follow-up services and supports as required
- Monitor client progress by reviewing activities and results on an agreed upon schedule
- and supporting clients to move through the action plan steps toward employment objective
- Support clients in the development of effective resumes, networking, accessing the hidden job market, and other job search activities
- Support clients with career planning, labour market research and skills training or other intervention goals where necessary
- Maintains regular contact with client, other stakeholders and team members
- Day-to-day case management and administrative duties pertaining to the client, including documentation of actions and progress, report writing, and ensuring timelines and targets are met
- Familiar with EI and BCEA application procedures, and basic eligibility criteria
- Familiar with other provincial and federally funded employment programs, existing community supports and availability of funding sources
- Maintains relationships with, and completes client referrals to other community service organizations in order to support and assist clients with employment barriers
- Marketing, reporting and administrative duties as assigned
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
- CCDP designation preferred
- A university degree or college diploma in a relevant discipline OR;
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in case management, employment counselling, human resources, or social services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience working in the B.C. Employment Services Program and utilizing the Integrated Case Management System (ICM) is an asset
- Employment counselling and/or case management skills
- A strong understanding of the local and provincial labour market and employment resource materials.
- Superior verbal and written communication skillsAbility to prioritize multiple duties and organize a heavy workload
- Ability to positively support and communicate with a diverse clientele of varied backgrounds
- An exceptional team player with the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to implement new systems and successfully navigate change
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Microsoft Office and client database systems
- Ability to pass and maintain a clean criminal record check for vulnerable sector
- Must retain Class 5 Drivers License and use of personal vehicle during working hours
- Ability to travel to attend training sessions and conferences (post COVID-19)
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
Hours of Work: 32.5 hours per week
Wage: 23.00 – 24.00 per hour depending on experience
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Closing Date: Open till position filled
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Community Futures values diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive work environment. We are looking for qualified individuals who represent, at all job levels, the diversity of the people we serve and encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientation, origin and ethnic affiliations, disability, age, and religion.