Posted Aug 25, 2020Health & Social Services Manager
TagsHealthcare Administrative Community Government
Position: Health & Social Services Manager
Program: Community Health
Reports to: T’it’q’et Administrator
Hours: Full-Time Salaried Position
Posted: August 10, 2020 Closes: Open Until Position is Filled
The Health & Social Services Manager is responsible for the provision of leadership and direction necessary to plan, organize, implement, manage and evaluate the community health programs and services of T’it’q’et. The Health & Social Services Manager will be responsible for human and financial resources and in ensuring a high standard of care and services and must demonstrate good judgment when dealing with clients.
Education and Training:
• Ideally will have a Bachelor’s degree in Health Science, Business Administration, Social Work or a related field with management experience in the health sector; or
• Related training/education with some management and community development experience.
• Supervisory and management experience is a must.
• Knowledge of the St’at’imc culture and traditional practices is an asset. Knowledge regarding First Nations Health issues.
• Clear criminal records check.
• Valid BC Drivers License.
• Possesses strong computer skills.
• Excellent people skills.
• Willingness to take training to upgrade skills necessary for job performance.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Some familiarity with basic employment laws.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
Under the direction of Administrator, the Health & Social Services Manager plays a key leadership role in mobilizing health & social development staff and community efforts to provide effective and efficient community health and home and community care services. This position is responsible for ensuring fiscal and human resources are allocated in an efficient and effective manner to work towards realizing this vision.
• Directly responsible for managing and supervising health & social development staff (6 staff).
• Ensures all health & social development staff are effectively and efficiently working towards the goals and vision set out by the T’it’q’et Health and Wellness Plan.
• Provides positive leadership and role modeling for staff.
• Demonstrates effective resource management of human, financial and information resources within the health contribution agreement programs.
• Build on the development of linkages and relationship building with outside agencies and organizations.
• Provides leadership and insight into strategic planning for the future health of the community.
• Assesses operational, program, staffing and fiscal needs on a regular basis and develop a plan for accessing further resources.
• Accesses funding from outside sources.
• Works closely with T’ít’q’et Social Programs.
• Oversees and manages home & community care nursing contract with Interior Health
• Provide supervision to all health & social development staff including day-to-day supervision.
• Ensure that job descriptions exist for each position and that they are accurate and current.
• Work with staff and leadership in developing appropriate staff procedures, protocols, and policies.
• Ensure that the human resource manual is updated and being consistently applied/enforced.
• Ensure that annual evaluations of staff are being completed. Attend staff evaluations.
• Review and authorize leave forms and time sheets of staff, as required.
• Address staff conduct issues including performance problems.
• Attend to the hiring of new staff.
• The Health & Social Services Manager will build strong relationships with the First Nations Health Authority, Interior Health Authority, other St’at’imc communities and health initiatives and First Nations organizations.
• Build an open relationship with the community as a whole, encouraging community participation and ownership over community health programs.
• Promote the goodwill of the organization through communication and public relations.
• Coordinate ongoing community based planning through continual community input on community needs and service preference.
• Coordinate and create linkages with other related health activities funded through the province and other agencies.
• Ensure that staff is directly involved in program planning and aware of their responsibilities.
• Ensure that resources are proportionately directed towards identified community health priorities.
• Work in line with the community health plan.
• Responsible for budgeting and authorizing expenditures for the community health and home and community care budgets.
• Ensure that resources are effectively and efficiently targeted towards identified priorities.
• Work towards instilling an ethic of financial efficiency and accountability in staff.
• Ensures all appropriate reporting requirements to T’it’q’et leadership, First Nations Health Authority, Interior Health Authority and other funding organizations, are met in a timely manner.
• The Health & Social Services Manager is responsible for compiling and contributing to an Annual Report to the members.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Position is Filled
Interested individuals should mail or email their cover letter, resume including three references from current and past Supervisors to:
Attention: T’it’q’et Administrator
PO Box 615 Lillooet, BC, V0K 1V0
We thank all applicants; however, only those individuals selected to be interviewed will be contacted.