Posted Sep 20, 2022Middle School Generalist
Middle School Teacher
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful applicant must have or be eligible for membership in the Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch, and possess:
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education’s redesigned curriculum and core competencies.
- Evidence of appropriate qualifications and experience in teaching at the middle school level.
- Proven ability with assessment and for learning strategies.
- Successful experience integrating local Indigenous culture and traditions into the curriculum, or
- Familiarity with and understanding of local Indigenous culture and commitment to integrate it into the curriculum.
- The ability to use a variety of teaching and learning strategies that can accommodate the learning needs of all learners.
- Successful experience integrating experiential and/or inquiry learning opportunities into the curriculum.
- Training and successful experience in teaching and supporting social and emotional learning.
- A proven ability to develop a positive learning environment in the classroom and evidence of strong organization and classroom management skills.
- A commitment to and successful experience working collaboratively in a team setting.
- A commitment to and demonstrated experience using and integrating technology into the curriculum.
- The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, parents, and the greater community.
- A current, valid driver’s license and ability and willingness to travel as required.
FOR information regarding further specifics of the position:
Please contact the Principal, Mike Seitzinger, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the Application for Employment – Teaching Staff, form available on the school district website, www.sd74.bc.ca. Evidence must be given of your ability to fulfill the requirements and qualifications of the position by providing a cover letter, an up-to-date resume giving references, employment and education history, transcripts and current TRB membership. Clearly indicate the posting number and title of the position to which you are applying. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted by the undersigned until 4:00 p.m., 30 September 2022
Superintendent of Schools
School District No. 74 (Gold Trail), PO Box 250, Ashcroft,