Posted Nov 18, 2021General Manager
Cayoose Creek Development Corporation has an accepted offer to purchase Lightfoot Fuel and Convenience Store. With support from VisionQuest Advisors, we are searching for a General Manager that will be a positive influence on our employees and community, and who will lead the team to achieve the company’s vision and goals.
Job Title: General Manager
Company: Lightfoot Gas Station and Convenience Store
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: +/- 60,000 dependent on experience
Closing Date: 10-Dec-2021
How to Apply: Email your cover letter with resume by the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be shortlisted as received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact Information: VisionQuest Advisors is leading the recruitment process. All enquiries should be directed to this team. For more information, go to www.visionquestbc.ca/project/ccdc/.
The General Manager oversees all aspects of the business’ daily operations and profitability according to set goals and business objectives. While maintaining company standards and operating at maximum efficiency, they are responsible for all staff and continually focused on improvement. Setting aggressive business goals and objectives they lead by example and develop a team focused on performance, service excellence, and quality assurance. The General Manager represents the business positively and professionally in the community.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
• Establish and maintain all organizational goals, performance objectives and guidelines that are based on store and corporate policies.
• Collaboratively establish, maintain, and continuously review best practices based on store Policy.
• Oversee all gas bar, convenience store, and food service operations, based on the goals, objectives, and standards of the organization.
• Ensure production demands and standard for food quality and service, balancing time efficiency and cost management.
• Oversee, assist, and supervise all store employees in planning and performance to achieve all goals and objectives.
• Provide a model of supportive leadership promoting the concepts of team building and empowerment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent education level is required
• Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building customer loyalty, strong leadership and organizational skills and effective communication skills.
• Able to do stand and walk for extended periods of time and do some heavy lifting.
• Preference will be given to a university degree or college diploma in related field; or 5 or more years of related retail sales experience at increasing levels of responsibility.
• Hold a valid WHMIS, TDG, and LPG Certification
• Hold a valid Food Safe Level 2 Certificate and Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certification
• Hold a valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
• Clear Criminal Record Check