Posted Dec 4, 2020Irrigation Technician
Fort Berens Estate Winery has an opening for an Irrigation Technician.
Full-time, Permanent; Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
We are looking for a high-potential candidate, who could have the ability to become a Lead Hand or Field Supervisor in 2-3 years. We offer on-the-job training as well as opportunities to enroll in formal education and training (Viticulture program, Tractor, Computer, Pesticide Applicators license and Forklift License). Some viticulture/horticulture experience is an asset, but not necessary. Our priority is finding the right person to join our team and help us grow premium grapes in the Lillooet region.
The Irrigation Tech will assist the Vineyard Manager in all viticulture and irrigation activities.
The Irrigation Tech must be willing to work non-standard hours (minimum 40hrs/week), with possible evenings and weekends, as needed.
- A minimum of one-year general irrigation experience would be an asset
- Passion for working outdoors, wine, viticulture, plants, and healthy soils
- Self-starter, with initiative and the desire to increase knowledge and skills
- A leader and team player, able to work and interact with many different players
- Physically fit and able to work outdoors throughout the year
- Strong, effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Functional knowledge of office software (MS Word, Excel)
- BC driver’s license necessary
- Pesticide Applicator Certificate, First Aid Level I (or willing to require these)
- Vineyard or Fruit tree experience is a bonus but not required
- Sense of Humour is a bonus
The Irrigation Technician will be responsible for all Irrigation related duties:
- Fieldwork including checking irrigation lines, cleaning filters, plugging leaks, replacing emitters/drip lines, Fertigation and repairing below the ground pipe.
- End of season Blow Out lines
- Supervise and maintain the operation of pumps, motors, and filter systems
- Recording of daily irrigation times, Soil Moisture probes and fertigation amounts by block
- Adhere to all Company Environmental, Health and Safety Policies
- During a large portion of the year, you will be performing other vineyard field work that is applicable, like pruning, thinning, tractor operations, mowing, harvesting, etc.
Application deadline: 2021-02-28
Expected start date: 2021-01-18
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Irrigation Repair: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for the position, email your resume to email@example.com.